The Hidden Hero Project is a portrait series celebrating the everyday heroes who live and give in and around Castlegar BC. Inspired by Kootenay Gallery of Art, photographed by Claire Dibble, and supported by the Province of BC Community Resilience Through Arts and Culture Grant.
Nominations are open until June 30.
Someone who does good, for one or many?
Someone who hasn’t received much recognition for their kindness, their efforts, their successes?
We’re seeking nominations for everyday heroes in the Castlegar and area community.
These heroes don’t have to be saving lives or stopping crime, they can be people who contribute in small ways everyday. Young or old, dear to you or a passing acquaintance, you’re welcome to nominate as many people as you wish, of any age or background.
Make nominations before June 30 in one of the following ways:
- Fill out the online form below.
- Call Kootenay Gallery at 250 365 3337 (you can leave a message with your name, phone number, the name and number of the person you are nominating, as well as your reason for the nomination).
- Fill out a form in person at Kootenay Gallery, Library, Rec Centre, or CoINS.
- Tag or mention your nominee on Instagram with the hashtag #hiddenheroesofcastlegar
- Tag your nominee in a post on our Facebook page (fb.me/hiddenheroproject).
The full list of all nominees will be published here, and 25 people will be selected to be photographed and interviewed. The resulting portraits will be shown in an exhibition at Kootenay Gallery in summer 2019.
You will be invited to attend the opening celebration, along with your nominee(s).
Nominate a Hero
Nominate any member of the Castlegar and area community you deem to be an everyday hero, anyone whose actions and intentions are worthy of recognition. You can nominate as many people as you wish.